Beginning May 6th, and almost each Wednesday since, DMB has been airing a full live show from the band’s archive. My brother and I have been streaming them on YouTube through our TV each time and have really enjoyed it. Even if you’re not a huge fan, it’s nice to throw the show on in the background and listen to some awesome live music! It continues tonight at 8pm with the concert at Coral Sky Amphitheatre in West Palm Beach, FL on July 27, 2019. According to the set-list, this show looked like so much fun! It has a ton of great songs, including 3 of my Top 5 Favorite DMB songs, AND one of their most underrated songs, “I’ll Back You Up”.
And let me just add that Dave has been absolutely killing this qtine! Check out all he’s done:
- 3/26 Pay It Forward Live show from his home in Seattle. (Verizon’s weekly live streamed entertainment series in support of small businesses affected by COVID-19).
- 4/9 musical tribute to John Prine on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
- 4/11 At Home With @Farm Aid with Willie Nelson, Neil Young, and John Mellencamp in a special benefit concert for family farmers impacted by the effects of COVID-19.
- 4/14 joined Jose Andres, founder of World Central Kitchen, for a discussion with Salesforce EVP Ebony Beckwith to discuss philanthropy, and how World Central Kitchen is supporting healthcare workers and low-income families in this time of crisis. He also did a live performance.
- 4/24 performed in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Earth Day.
- Weekly “DMB Drive-Ins” concerts.
- 5/28 a second Pay It Forward Live show from his home.
It’s great to see that all of these events in one way or another are to benefit an organization in need during all that is going on in our world today. I wish more artists would step up and contribute in ways like this too.