The Red Sox season is fully underway, and personally I’m very excited for this season. A little nervous, but excited. And why shouldn’t I be? New acquisitions like Price and Kimbrel, Papi’s final season, Xander and Mookie looking to continue tearing it up. But I’m worried about some things like Buchholz still being this team’s #2 starter, Hanley playing 1B and Pablo being fat (for the record, I don’t care so much that he’s fat, just that he’s struggling offensively).
Today being the home opener, we find out what each players walk-up songs will be for 2016. I usually get a kick out of these and have often thought about what my song would be. JBJ had a good song one year called “They Just Don’t Know” with a fire beat that you saw everyone bobbing their heads to. Billy Middlebrooks had his dad’s favorite song, “Texas Flood” by SVR. Victorino had “Three Little Birds” and had the whole crowd singing. (Mine would probably Ante Up Remix). But if they haven’t already settled, I’m here to help them out.
- Mookie Betts. MVP season ahead of him???
- Dustin Pedroia. He’s from Cali and always seems to have a West Coast hip-hop song, so this is my pick
- Xander Bogaerts. Pretty self-explanatory here. I almost went with Xzibit’s ‘X’, but this is slightly better. Plus, whenever you have the chance to play DMX, you take that opportunity.
- David Ortiz. Also self-explanatory.
- Hanley Ramirez. When you think of HanRam, what’s the one word you associate with him? Hustle, right? Ya me neither, but maybe this’ll give him a bit of a boost.
- Travis Shaw. As Mayor of Ding Dong City, what does he do? He runs this town.
- Brock Holt. If you can’t figure this one out, look harder.
- Blake Swihart. Couldn’t think of anything good/clever for Blake, so I asked my brother. Well he woke up with this song stuck in his head for no reason. Boom. Done. Plus it actually makes sense because he’s from Texas.
- Jackie Bradley, Jr. Fellow Gamecock, Darius Rucker and his sneaky best song.
Ryan Hanigan. No reason for this, but I could see him loving this song.
Pablo Sandoval. Guy just needs to embrace his weight now. In fact, everyone needs to just deal with it. Management should just admit he came to camp over-sized and that they were disappointed. But #BigIsBeautiful, and as long as he produces, people won’t care about it.
Rusney Castillo. The original
Chris Young. Saw that Chris Young’s walk-up song was/is this, and it’s perfect, so I’m not changing it.