This poll is simply asking about the physical award trophy that one receives. Which, do you think, is the best-looking award? Here they are:
Oscar (Academy Award):
Each statuette/trophy has its own unique style related to the particular award. There’s a few things that you must take into account when voting:
- The relevance and significance of the trophy.. I’m too lazy to write about the history of each and how they came to be designed the way they are today, but it’s worth checking out.
- Is it easy to hold/carry?
- How will it look on your shelf?
- Is it easily recognizable by your guests?
- More I can’t think of right now, but you get the idea.
So I ask you………
After much deliberation and self-reflection, I go with the Oscar, aka the Academy Award… But I wanna hear from all of you! If you vote, write something in the comments as to why you picked what you did. Was it a difficult decision? Did you even bother to look up the significance? Are you solely focused on the name? Did you do some kind of wacky process of elimination? Let me know!
PS – Probably the most notable EGOT winners (those that won all 4) are Mel Brooks, Audrey Hepburn, Whoopi Goldberg and Marvin Hamlisch. Robin Williams was only missing a Tony Award, and I bet he could’ve gotten one too if he wanted.